It has been said that we are not equipped to deal with Ebola here in these United States.
Yes, the outbreak is out of control is West Africa. It will probably get worse.
There are a lot of reasons why the outbreak is so bad in West Africa.
- West Africa does not have experience dealing with Ebola or how to combat it.
- Cultural burial practices have helped spread the disease
- The governments of the countries affected are corrupt
- In some cases aid sent to the “hot zone” is not getting in
- The people in the “hot zone” do not trust their governments (and rightly so)
- In some cases, the people do not trust aid workers either, accusing them of actually bringing Ebola the “hot zone.” Aid workers are being attacked by a distrustful population.
But there have been multiple outbreaks in East Africa that have been controlled, and eventually eliminated.
If they can control and eliminate outbreaks in East Africa, what makes you think it would not be controllable in these United States of America?